Posted on : 15-03-2012 | By : webguy
| In : 4G, Droid
HTC ThunderBolt is a 4G LTE smartphone with an Android 2.3 operating system.
The most important key feature, if I can say it like that, is the LTE network from Verizon wireless, the first smartphone to use it. With this feature, the network is practically a rocket, it flies. You get around 13 – 16 Mbps downloading speed and around 3-6 Mbps uploading speed. The signal is top notch and the videos and websites load instantly.
HTC Thunderbolt key features:
- 4.3 inch screen size with a 480 X 800 resolution and a 217 ppi pixel density. A big screen with a nice resolution and a good enough display that the elements on the screen do not have pixelated edges.
- 4 GB internal storage and a 768 Mb RAM memory. You can expand the storage space with an microSD card that is available up to 32 Gb.
- HTC ThunderBolt has a strong and fast single-core processor of 1Ghz Scorpion and a chipset Qualcomm MSM8655 Snapdragon, this processor works fast, the applications and transitions in the user interface work smoothly.
- The camera is an 8MP camera with a maximum resolution of 3264 x 2448 pixels. It can autofocus and has a dualLED flash. You have various controls where you can adjust the flash, shooting mode, exposure, ISO (100 – 800). Other cool features of the camera are GEO tagging and face detection. HTC Thunderbolt camera can focus at a touch. If you want something on the screen in focus you just have to touch it and the camera will focus on it, then you just have to take the picture.
- The HTC ThunderBolt video camera can film at 720p HD. The video is clear and the details are sharp.
- The Battery is really weak for it’s needs with only 1400mAh. On a good day the battery lasts up to 6 hours, but if you use the LTE 4G intensely the battery can last only fo2 hours or less. On the other hand you have the possibility to buy a new and stronger battery (2750mAh).
- The size (4.75 x 2.44 x 0.56 (121 x 62 x 14 mm) and weight (6.23 oz (177 g) of the phone make it quit bulky and brick-like, after a while you get to feel it’s weight if you hold it in your pocket.
- Despite of the good quality of the video, just the slightest movement makes the footage very jittery and shaking.
Overall it’s a good phone that leaves room for much improvement.It has the ability of a rocket when it comes to connectivity and reception but the fuel tank has the capacity of a sedan. The LTE 4G coverage saves it’s reputation and makes it worth buying, but only if you are willing to pay for a new battery as well.
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is a Google Smartphone with an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, first out of all smartphones to use it. This new 4G Smartphone brings new cool features both from Google and Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Features:
- The Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS – A brand new design, cool layouts and animations
- 4.65″ HD Super AMOLED Contour display – A big 4.65 inch screen with an amazing display and a curved screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 and a ppi of 316
- 1080p HD Video Capture and Single-Motion Panoramic Camera – With this feature you can film in full HD 1080p and then edit your video with Movie Studio and upload your movie directly from your phone to Youtube. With Samsung Galaxy Nexus you can shoot panoramic photos that you can instantly share with your friends through Instant Upload.
The 5.0 MP camera has an automatic focus and a zero lag shutter. The camera performs really well in a low light setting, shooting high quality pictures even in a darker room for example. The Galaxy Nexus allows you to edit your photos as you like and that includes cropping, adding some filters and effects. The phone saves the original photo so you can always return if you go wrong somewhere in the editing.
- Face Unlock – Galaxy Nexus has face recognition technology that you can use to unlock your phone without bothering to type or swipe anything on the screen, you just have to literally look at it. This is a very cool feature as you don’t have to remember passwords or other things like that.
- Voice Typing – You can write texts and e-mails just by pressing the microphone button on your screen and tell the phone what to write in real time, this is supported in more than 20 languages.
- Android Beam – With this feature you can share contacts, photos, directions and whatnot. You just have to put your phone back to back with another NFC – enabled Android phone and share with your friend what is on your phone and vice-versa.
The battery lasts around 12 active hours talking, listening to music, and running other apps. It has a good dual core 1.2Ghr processor, a memory of 1Gb RAM and it can be purchased both with 16Gb or 32Gb built-in storage.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Issues:
Some negative aspects of this phone, although it has really good features, are regarding the camera that is only a 5.0 Mp camera. It could have had a much better camera, for the features it has.
Another negative aspect is the fact that it’s lacking a microSD slot, so if you buy the phone with a built-in storage of 16Gb that’s all you get.
Overall the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is a good phone that offers a lot of exciting new features. With good reception and new revolutionary features, you should think about purchasing.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Resources: